Blantyre – The Flames of Malawi recovered from their 2-0 defeat at the hands of Mali on Saturday, to defeat the Ethiopia Walia Ibex 3-2 here today.
The first-half ended with the game tied at 1-1. Atusaye Nyondo (18’) opened the score for Malawi (18’) and Getaneh Kebede responded just one minute before the end of the first-half (44’).
After the interval, Frank Banda added a second for Malawi (62’) and Atusaye Nyondo, who plays for the University of Pretoria in South Africa, scored his second goal of the match, just four minutes (66’) later.
Sweden-based Yusuf Saleh, who replaced Umed Oukri, reduced the score for the Walias two minutes into extra-time (90+2).
Walia’s next match will be against Mali in Addis Ababa during the week of October 10-11.
- 06/09/14: Ethiopia1-2 Algeria
- 07/09/14: Mali 2-1 Malawi
- 10/09/14: Algeria v Mali
- 10/09/14: Malawi 3-2Ethiopia
- 10-11/10/14: Ethiopiav Mali
- 10-11/10/14: Malawi v Algeria
- 15/10/14: Mali v Ethiopia
- 15/10/14: Algeria v Malawi
- 14-15/11/14: Malawi v Mali
- 14-15/11/14: Algeria v Ethiopia
- 19/11/14: Mali v Algeria
- 19/11/14: Ethiopiav Malawi